With Karen Odinga
A four-week course, meeting each Wednesday evening from 20th October to 10th November. £28 for the full course paid in advance, or £7.50 per week (total £30).
Learn to work with stretch knit fabrics to create a tunic or dress. With the basic T-shirt style pattern provided, you will be in control since you will have the opportunity to adjust the length for either a tunic or dress as well as creating a round or v-neck. All styles have sleeves and there are options for a ruffle and adding additional colour bands.
Pattern provided is multi-sized so refer to your measurements below for fabric requirements:
|Sizes (in inches)||X-Small||Small||Medium||Large||X-Large||XX-Large|
|Bust||30 ½ -31 ½||32 ½ -34||36-38||40-42||44-46||48|
|Waist||23-24||25-26 ½||28-30||32-34||37-39||41 ½|
|Hip||32 ½ -33 ½||34 ½ -36||38-40||42-44||46-48||50|
|Back (neck to waist)||15 ½ -15 ¾||16-16 ¾||16 ½ -16 ¾||17-17 ¼||17 3/8 -17 ½||17 ¾|
Fabric & Materials Required:
- 60-inch-wide interlock, double knit jersey, spandex jersey blends.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The stretch in the fabric required for this pattern is: 4 inches(10cm) needs to stretch along the crosswise grain another 2 inches (15cm) approx. Any queries? E-mail me if not sure!!
- Sizes X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large will require 2.5 meters for the dress/tunic with sleeves.
- XX-Large will require 3.25 meters.
- For a ruffle at the hem, an additional .75 meter will be required.
- To add additional bands of colour at sleeves or hem bring along another ½ meter of each colour you would want to add.
- Sewing machine with all accessories, leads etc. Please be familiar with the basic workings of your particular model.
- Pack of ball point needles
- Matching all-purpose thread
- Sewing machine with all accessories, leads etc.
- Dressmaking shears
- Dressmaking pins
- Pencil/notebook for your notes
- Tape measure
If you have any queries regarding sizes, fabric selection etc. please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.