Note: Below are details of the 2017 Braintree Open Art Exhibition. The Community Centre will be hosting the exhibition again in 2018 – if you’d like to be notified by email when we have more details, you can sign up to our artist contact list here: http://eepurl.com/cV2lkH
All of the artworks that were part of the 2017 Open Art Exhibition are featured in our online gallery. Click here!
19TH – 28TH AUGUST
ARTISTS AND CRAFT WORKERS ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT 2D AND 3D WORK IN ANY MEDIA
Selected entries will be shown in the main hall at Braintree Community Centre and in a permanent online gallery
Prizes will be awarded at the First View on August 18th
Download your printable entry form here:
(Please ensure you’ve read the rest of the terms and conditions on this page for all of the dates and details)
DATES TO REMEMBER
Friday 11th August, 10am – 7pm and Saturday 12th August, 10am – 2pm at Braintree Community Centre (or by arrangement)
Friday 18th August, 7.30pm with prize giving at 8.00pm
Saturday 19th to Monday 28th August
Tuesday 29th August 11am to 5pm from the Community Centre, and from George Yard Shopping Centre Management Suite thereafter
Prizes will be awarded at the First View on the 18th of August, with a maximum of one prize per artist.
Braintree Community Centre Prize – £100
George Yard Prize – £200
Ann Rolls Memorial Prize – £25
Braintree Chamber of Trade and Commerce Prize – £50
BARC Braintree Against Retail and Business Crime Prize – £100
Green Your Space Prize – £50
… and still more to be announced!
Thank you to all of our sponsors for their support and generosity.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Please note that it is implicit in submission of your work that you accept these terms and conditions.
- No. of entries: maximum of 3 per artist.
- Eligible work: 2D & 3D works in all media. (Note: Artworks produced using a computer will be judged in a single separate class.)
- Framing: Wall hung works, including textiles, must be in secure frames.Framing must be secure enough to make hanging safe. We cannot accept responsibility for poorly framed works.
- Size: Largest dimensions of 2D work must not exceed 36 x 36 inches.
- Handling fee: £5.00 for the first work, £4.00 for the second and £2.00 for the third. These fees contribute to the cost of mounting and advertising the exhibition, and are NON RETURNABLE. Cheques should be made payable to “Braintree & Bocking Community Association”.
- Labels: A label with the artist’s name, address, telephone number, price of work and medium (clearly legible) must be securely fixed to the back or base of each work.
- Artists who are under 18 must include this information on their entry form.
- Although we will take every care to avoid loss or damage, works are handled at the artist’s own risk. (Artists are advised to insure their work).
- Works previously exhibited in the Braintree Open Art Exhibition may not be entered, and all works must be original artworks. Prints from small limited runs are acceptable. Prints in some media (eg photography and collagraphy) from small limited runs may be acceptable – please confirm with the organisers. Reproductions of existing work will not be acceptable.
- Works may not be withdrawn once hung until the end of the exhibition, except under the most exceptional circumstances, and then by arrangement with Brenda Baker only (01376 550373).
- We reserve the right to refuse any work considered unsuitable without giving a reason. Acceptance of work does not guarantee inclusion in the Exhibition. Selection does not guarantee hanging in the Exhibition. The decisions of the Selectors and organisers are final.
- SALES: 7.5 % commission payable on sales. Purchasers of artworks will pay Braintree Community Centre who will pass on the artist’s share.
All submitting artists are invited to the First View on Friday 18th August at 7.30pm to discover if they have been selected. If artists prefer, they may call the Community Centre (01376 323280), on Friday 18th only, to ask if their work has been hung. Please note that reject notices will not be sent out.
Unselected/unhung works can be collected from the Community Centre immediately prior to the First View and on Saturday 19th August. (Other times by arrangement).
HOW TO ENTER
Please complete both the entry form & collection form (which is to enable your work to be identified securely on collection and MUST be produced at that time).
Submissions will be accepted at the Community Centre on Friday 11th August 10am – 7pm, Saturday 12th August 10am – 2pm, or by arrangement.
At the end of the Exhibition: Unsold works to be collected on Tuesday 29th August 11am to 5pm from the Community Centre, and from George Yard Shopping Centre Management Suite thereafter. There is no storage space so please arrange for prompt collection of work.
For further information please phone Brenda Baker on 01376 550373.
We will be photographing and displaying the selected works in a permanent online gallery on the Community Centre website (braintreecommunitycentre.org.uk).
If you would prefer to provide your own photograph to represent your artwork, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also provide any additional information that you would like to appear alongside the work (eg. short description, portfolio website, contact details etc.) to the same address, or in writing along with your submission. If you do not wish your work to appear in the online gallery, please inform us when you bring in your submissions (or by email).
Please ensure that any photos and additional information are provided before Wednesday the 16th of August so that the online gallery can be ready for the opening of the exhibition.