HOSTED BY BRAINTREE COMMUNITY CENTRE
Please note that it is implicit in submission of your work that you accept these terms and conditions.
1. No. of entries: maximum of 3 per artist.
2. Eligible work: 2D & 3D works in all media. (Note: Artworks produced using a computer will be judged in a single separate class.)
3. Framing and hanging:
– Wall hung works, including textiles, must be in secure frames.
– Framing must be secure enough to make hanging safe. We cannot accept responsibility for poorly framed works.
– 2D works will be hung from hooks, so please ensure you work has string or wire on the back ready to hang.
4. Size: Largest dimensions of 2D work must not exceed 36 x 36 inches.
5. Handling fee: £2.50 per work (maximum 3 per artist). These fees contribute to the cost of mounting and advertising the exhibition and are NON-RETURNABLE. Cheques should be made payable to “Braintree & Bocking Community Association”.
6. Labels: A label with the artist’s name, address, telephone number, price of work and medium (clearly legible) must be securely fixed to the back or base of each work.
7. Artists who are under 18 must include this information on their entry form.
8. Although we will take every care to avoid loss or damage, works are handled at the artist’s own risk. (Artists are advised to insure their work).
9. Works previously exhibited in the Braintree Open Art Exhibition may not be entered, and all works must be original artworks. Prints from small limited runs are acceptable. Prints in some media (eg photography and collagraphy) from small limited runs may be acceptable – please confirm with the organisers. Reproductions of existing work will not be acceptable.
10. Works may not be withdrawn once hung until the end of the exhibition, except under the most exceptional circumstances, and then by arrangement with Brenda Baker only (01376 550373).
11. We reserve the right to refuse any work considered unsuitable without giving a reason. Acceptance of work does not guarantee inclusion in the Exhibition. Selection does not guarantee hanging in the Exhibition. The decisions of the Selectors and organisers are final.
12. SALES: 7.5 % commission payable on sales. Purchasers of artworks will pay Braintree Community Centre who will pass on the artist’s share.
All submitting artists are invited to the First View on Friday 18th October at 7.30pm to discover if they have been selected. If artists prefer, they may call the Community Centre (01376 323280), on Friday 18th only, to ask if their work has been hung. Please note that reject notices will not be sent out.
Unselected/unhung works can be collected from the Community at the First View, or from Tuesday 22nd to Thursday 24th October, 10am – 8pm. (Other times by arrangement).
Please complete both the entry form & collection form (which is to enable your work to be identified securely on collection and MUST be produced at that time). Entry fees must be paid when you submit your work (£2.50 per entry – maximum 3 per artist).
Submissions will be accepted at the Community Centre from Monday 7th October to Thursday 10th October, 10am – 8pm, or by arrangement.
After the exhibition: Unsold works to be collected from Tuesday 22nd to Thursday 24th October, 10am – 8pm from Braintree Community Centre. There is no storage space so please arrange for prompt collection of work.
We will be photographing and displaying the selected works in an online gallery on the Community Centre’s Facebook page (@BraintreeCommunityCentre) and website (braintreecommunitycentre.org.uk).
If you would prefer to provide your own photograph to represent your artwork, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also provide any additional information that you would like to appear alongside the work (e.g. short description, portfolio website, contact details etc.) to the same address, or in writing along with your submission. If you do not wish your work to appear in the online gallery, please inform us when you bring in your submissions (or by email).
Monday 7th to Thursday 10th October, 10am – 8pm at Braintree Community Centre (or by arrangement).
Friday 18th October, 7.30pm with prize giving at 8.00pm.
Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th October.
Tuesday 22nd to Thursday 24th October, 10am – 8pm from Braintree Community Centre (or by arrangement).
CASH PRIZES AVAILABLE!
Details of the available prizes will be published here on the website closer to the event.
Prizes will be awarded at the First View on the 18th of October, with a maximum of one prize per artist.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support and generosity.
HOSTED BY BRAINTREE COMMUNITY CENTRE
SPONSORED BY GEORGE YARD SHOPPING CENTRE
© 2018 Braintree & Bocking Community Association.